Sunday 7 October 2012

Going back to Chicago tomorrow for a week to finish off a some interviews I didn't get time for when I was there. Will be nice to see some of the people I met there again. Hoped to photograph the Assyrian reliefs at the Oriental Institute but I have to book further ahead. It's been difficult organising that one - the woman definitely isn't that partial to my cause - I quote: "Filming is highly disruptive to the running of the Museum". But when it come to that kind of thing I tend to be like a dog with a bone. She also spoke about a $600 fee, but as its for "commercial use" I am going to try to argue that one.

The photos will be fantastic though - the reliefs are amazing, so it will be worth it.

Finally heard about the interview on Washington DC with the US State Dept, she said no, after three months of trying. I do wonder if it is a tactic - ignore and don't reply until finally you can say too much time has passed. I am disappointed, it would have been good. I'll just have to use a static image and text for her statements.

Going by train to Chicago - never been on a long train trip in Nth America before, so it will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment